One question I am always asked when it comes to doing Disneyland is, “How can I save money inside the parks?” And I always seem to have the same 5 answers. So I thought I’d share them with you.
Kiz’s Top 5 Ways To Save $$ Inside Disneyland and California Adventure:
- My family drives to Disneyland; so we arrive in the evening around dinner time. And we always do the same thing. The kids go swimming while I order pizza. I have it delivered to our room. Dominoes, Pizza Hut, whatever. But the thing is, I use coupons and deals and ALWAYS BUY EXTRA. It is good for breakfast the next morning and you can carry it into the park. Either I take the plastic bag out of the ice bucket and put the extra pizza inside or I bring large ziploc bags. Either way, when we are standing in line and someone says they are hungry I have yummy food for them. We usually get a hotel that serves a full hot breakfast, eat pizza for lunch and/or snack, and then we splurge for dinner in the park. Only eating 1 meal in the parks instead of 3+ saves us LOADS of money.
- Take pictures of souvenirs and their price tags on the first day. Don’t buy anything. Then buy what you have budgeted for on the 2nd or 3rd day. That way you aren’t impulse buying and are making your absolute favorite choice. If you buy something in the park, you can have it held for you at the front of the park for no fee. That way you don’t have to carry it around.
- Another way to save money before going to the parks, but for when you are IN the parks is to buy on line souvenirs. Then present them at the hotel or on the way there or each night or morning. Amazon has TONS of options. Pins, hats, cinch sacks, stuffed animals and more. Here are a couple that Cassie’s family and my family have found useful and fun.
- Never buy bottled water inside the parks. Get your own fancy (and possibly thermal) water bottle and take it in empty or full of water. I often carry mine in empty so I don’t have the weight in my cinch sack on the walk to the park. Ice water is always free when you ask for it.
- Take glow sticks and other glow stuff for the night time. Even cheap bubble guns are fun during the parade times. It is super fun! And it helps keep track of your little ones when the lights and sun go down and the crowds gather for parades and shows.
When the lights go down and people start lining up for the parades, break these things out and have fun while waiting! There are carts that walk up and down the street trying to sell them to you; but it is way cheaper to just carry it inside with you.
How do you save money when doing Disneyland?