It is hot outside and I do NOT have air conditioning in my home. So cooking in the summer presents a serious problem. It is hard for my family to sleep when it is over 80* in my house. Then they are grumpy; and I don’t like that.
This is a Cajun Shrimp Packet Meal that I make on our gas grill…. OUTSIDE! NO heating up the house.
What You Will Need:
- 1 bag of shrimp (I used pre-cooked)
- 1 kielbasa sausage (I used pre-cooked)
- 4 large potatoes (cut into 2 inch pieces)
- 4 cobs of corn (cut into 2 inch segments)
- Tin foil
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced (can use more if you’d like)
- 3 tsp of Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp of ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp of cloves
- 1/2 tsp of allspice
- 1/2 tsp of ground mustard
- 4 Tbsp of melted butter (separated)
Steps to Take:
- cut potatoes and corn and boil them in a large pot
- Cut the sausage into 2 inch pieces and put in a LARGE bowl.
- After the corn and potatoes are firm but done, put them in the bowl with the sausage. Add the shrimp.
- Add finely chopped garlic. I use a veggie chopper like this one HERE.
- Sprinkle all the seasoning over the mixture, along with 2 TBSP of melted butter. Mix well, until everything is coated with the seasonings.
- Pull out sheet of tin foil, about 16 inches long.
- Scoop the seasoned shrimp mixture (1 helping, you decide how big) on to the middle of the foil. Then wrap it up, doesn’t have to be tight.
- Put on heated grill for 15 minutes.
- Remove from grill, and give everyone a packet of yumminess.
- Open each packet and drizzle just a touch of melted butter and a dash of lemon juice!
Super easy and the heat stays OUTSIDE!
Frequently Zaycon Fresh Food, a meat co-op, offers shrimp at amazing prices. The also offer skinless boneless chicken breast, ground beef, and MUCH more! Check out our reviews of their great products: Here!