Mousekemom’s Top 10 Things To Do In Line At Disneyland
(But this would work for all theme parks)
- ‘I Spy’ is always a fun game. There is SO much to see regardless of where you are in line. If there are little kids around, pull them in. The parents will thank you and you will get more entertainment.
- Sing Alongs. All together or sing one line and the person next to you has to sing the next line. Get others involved. For example: you sing ‘Let’s get down to business’ and the next person should sing ‘to defeat the Huns.’ And so forth. Next thing you know, you have loads of people singing with you.
- Audio books are a wonderful way to pass the time and take a mental break. To sort of ‘check out’ from the hullabaloo is sometimes needed for mental sanity. Or phone games: Where’s My Mickey? is one that I recommend. And if you can play with others, that is even better. Maybe try Disney apps, and head band apps. Heads UP! Disney Gif. There are just two examples to pass the time. I really like Heads Up! You can even draw in those around you…have some fun with this one!
- Scavenger Hunts are a wonderful way to spend time. Here are a couple of examples: Disney Villians or Disney Princesses
- T-shirt signing. A moving souvenir. Carry a marker with you and have people sign your shirt. Maybe their name and where they are from going down the back. And especially if you make a quick friend in line. Maybe a Cast Member (CM) or a character too!
- Facebook live with those around you. It passes time for you and for them. Ask them questions, have them ask you questions. What a great way to connect with others! Interview the people around you. Ask them questions. Find out where they are from and WHY they are there. Seriously, the happiest place on Earth is also the friendliest.
- Plan you next attack. Wait Time for Disneyland, Disneyland: these are phone apps that tell you the wait times for rides. Use them!!!! Get out your map and see where they are, and what is close to that one.
- Come up with ideas to bring your family back. Mousekemoms was born standing in line for Toy Story Mania. And look at us now! We’ve been back and hit other parks as well, like Universal Studios Hollywood. Getting everyone included on a plan is an amazing way to invest in family time. Talk about what you want to do or celebrate and how to get there again.
- Look for hidden mickeys. They are everywhere! Get a decoder card for the Indiana Jones ride. Figure out what the walls say! Make up a ‘Would you Rather’ games. Example: ‘Would you rather have a dual with Darth Vader or Captain Hook?’
- Grab a snack. This is wonderful ‘down’ time to s-l-o-w-l-y down some food. You don’t have to rush, or scarf, or even hurry. You have what you need where you need to be.
Okay, so it is more than 10 really. But you get the idea! Don’t dread the lines, use them for something bigger than what they are. A chance the connect with other theme park lovers, other first timers, other kiddos. Don’t make them a curse, make them a blessing!