I would love to say we ate this wonderful, delicious pie. But we didn’t. We inhaled this! It was that good! We fought over who got to lick the pie plate
You have to try this one! I just HAVE to share the recipe with you.
You will need the following:
- 2 pre-made pie crusts
- heavy whipping cream (3 cups, divided)
- instant butterscotch pudding
- cold milk (1 1/2 cups)
- caramel sauce (1/4 cup)
- marshmellow fluff (1/2 cup)
- gold colored sprinkled
Here is what you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9″ pie plate with pie crust. Crimp edges. Bake until golden, about 15 minutes. Make sure to cut out a lightning bolt shape or other Harry Potter influenced shape from the second pie crust and place on a baking sheet. Bake until the crust has turned lightly golden, about 8 to 10 minutes.
2. To make the first layer of filling, you will need to beat 2 cups of heavy cream until soft peaks form. In another bowl, mix butterscotch pudding mix and all the milk. Let it sit until it thickens, then mix the caramel sauce and the heavy mixing cream together. Combine with the pudding mixture. Spread in cooled pie crust. Refrigerate until firm.
3. For the second layer beat 1 cup of heavy cream until soft peaks form, then fold in the marshmallow creme. Spread this on top of the firmed butterscotch/caramel pie. Decorate with lightning bolt or Harry Potter shape, and gold sprinkles.
The finished product is something quite spectacular!