I am excited about this deal! My family loves bacon and I have discovered that this is the best way to get bacon. Period.
I love to share this little tidbits of savings amongst all of the family travel and Disney travel posts because deals like this means more money in our trip funds. So you will find us posting some cool tips like this when they are worth talking about!
This bacon is offered through a nation-wide co-op called Zaycon Foods. They provide fresh chicken, beef, pork and seafood to families at an affordable price all across the nation. They deliver to the area by the truckload and you just simply pick up your order at the local pickup spot. Their meat is higher quality and in some cases a natural option. They only have meat offerings at certain times of the year and for a certain type of meat.
Why is this the best way to get bacon?
- The price. The price is amazing good. I cannot even come close to this price in the grocery store for the quality and thickness.
- It’s high quality. I am not kidding when I see that this is the best bacon we have had. I have yet to meet a quality of this bacon in the grocery store.
- It’s thick cut – like three times thicker than thick cut in the grocery store. For example, the Hormel Black Label thick cut bacon is 16 oz. and in those 16 oz., there are 16 slices. Each slice is about an ounce. In this thick cut bacon from Zaycon, it’s 48 oz. for 14-16 slices, which makes them three times the thickness! That’s some good bacon!
I actually talked about how they were offering their Chicken Sale a couple of months ago shared a video of our pick-up process on Facebook. I even showed how my family and broke it down for the freezer. Twenty 2 pound bags are neatly stacked in my freezer just waiting to be used.
So, after the chicken sale, they started to offer this bacon sale. This is the sale that Cassie was introduced to Zaycon through several years ago; but she excited for the chicken sale when it came around. Cassie has since been a customer of Zaycon Fresh Foods for over 6 years and it is really the only way they buy their meats now. I, Kiz, am now hooked on this high quality product. I am also excited to try the hotdogs (my family loves to roast them outside)!
Last time Cassie shared about the bacon sale, there were so many people that were raving about the quality and thickness of this bacon, saying that it was the best and highest quality bacon they have ever purchased. So Cassie actually ordered it last time! She was quite impressed at the quality too! Her family normally had only gotten the chicken, ground beef and salmon. But they were super satisfied with the bacon when pick-up time arrived.
This is a picture showing their bacon packaged and then unwrapped, ready to be cooked. Just look at that freshness, thickness and quality!
Cassie’s and my favorite way to cook our bacon is on the George Foreman grill. It comes out perfectly!
Here’s the deal – this bacon sale ends in a couple of weeks and won’t be available again for many more months. In addition, there is a coupon code that expires in a few days!
They are selling the thick cut, hickory smoked bacon for $3.79 per lb. sold by the cases. But, after the coupon code, it is $3.03 per lb through the end of April!
Two current coupon codes to take another 20% off: (These coupon codes work on anything in the store right now, so order all of your meats for the next few months for 20% off!)
- New customers can use coupon code: PT20 to get it for 20% off through April 30, 2017.
Here’s a little description from the Zaycon Foods site about the bacon:
Here’s how they come and how you can order them.
- You place your order online HERE. Shop by location or by product. You will purchase now for pickup in a few weeks to a few months (depending on the meat selection, but bacon is the next pickup).
- Once your pick up date arrives, you will pick up your order from a local pick-up site as they are delivered to the local area on freezer trucks. Usually a church parking lot within 5-20 minute drive from your home. I am in a small town in Idaho and my pickup was just a few minutes up the road.
- The orders are in bulk case prices, which gives you the higher quality meats for a more affordable price – they cut out the middle-man (the grocery store), which means that the savings are passed onto you.
- In order to cut out the middle-man and get the amazing prices, you do need to order in bulk. In this case, it is 36 lb. cases and you can get multiple cases – as many as you want. In each 36 lb. case, you will receive 12 3-lb packages. Each 3-lb. package has 14-16 slices of bacon.
- This can be stored in your freezer for many, many months. Perhaps until the next bacon sale (because you will want no other bacon after this).
- After you order, wait until your pick-up date and time and then all you need to do is to show up at the pick-up site, you don’t even need to get out of your car, and they will look you up on the order sheet (or iPad ;)) and then you pop your trunk and they will load up your order for you! You can watch a video of the pickup process here. And also here….because I was having phone issues.
In addition, with the coupon codes right now through the end of April to save 20%, you can get this bacon for 40 less than the grocery store. So buying in bulk and cutting out the middle-man is the way to do it!
The window for ordering is short as most areas need to have their orders completed in the next week or two to not miss out on the Bacon sale. Along with the bacon sale, you can also get sausage and breaded chicken fritters. I always get the chicken fritters too. This means super fast meal options for much less too!
They only offer these selections a few times per year, so now is the time to get them!
With the 20% off coupon code right now, here’s the even better prices: (Remember New Customers use PT20 through April 30.
Bacon becomes $3.o3 per lb.
Pork Sausage Links are $1.83 per lb.
Head to the Zaycon Site HERE and register (or log-in if already a member).
You have to be registered to see the prices, pickup and delivery details and dates for your area and additional details.