Finding Dory by Disney Pixar Studios just came out a couple of days ago! We haven’t seen the movie yet, but it is several years in the making and big anticipation for many Disney and Finding Nemo fans.
Well, we wanted to share a fun recipe to indulge in your love of the Finding Dory and Finding Nemo characters in a fun party way – actually making a fun popcorn mix that uses a Funfetti Cake Mix. Yes, cake mix turned party popcorn! That’s the way we roll here!
Here’s the ingredients needed for Finding Dory Funfetti Cake Mix Party Popcorn:
– 6 cups popcorn (no butter)
– 1 Tablespoon solid shortening
– 1 cup white chocolate chips
– 1 cup vanilla cake mix*
– 2 Tablespoons sprinkles*
– *Or use can use the Funfetti Cake Mix and Sprinkles
– 2/3 cup Pepperidge Farm Finding Dory Goldfish (can be found at Target and Amazon among other stores)
How to make Finding Dory Funfetti Cake Mix Party Popcorn:
1. Line a cookie sheet with wax paper and set aside.
2. Pop or microwave the popcorn (do not use butter-flavored as it makes it difficult for the white chocolate to stick to it). Place in a large bowl and set aside.
3. In a double boiler, melt the shortening over medium heat.
4. Add the white chocolate chips, turn the heat to medium low, and stir until smooth and melted.
5. Pour the melted white chocolate into a medium mixing bowl. Add the cake mix and sprinkles. Stir until well combined.
6. With the help of a spatula, pour the cake mix mixture into the bowl with the popcorn and mix until the popcorn is completely coated. (I found that it’s easiest to just use your hands).
7. Transfer the coated popcorn onto the cookie sheet in a single layer.
8. Immediately place the goldfish crackers onto the popcorn (they will stick to the melted chocolate)and let cool for 30 minutes.
9. Break up into serving pieces and ENJOY!!
Make sure to visit our Disney Inspired Recipes Page for more fun recipes!