By Rachel Leppert
Steps 1, 2, and 3
- 2 pieces of black fabric of your choice. 1.5 yards of any black fabric folded in half short ways. And 1 folded into any triangular shape.
2. In the center of the fold put about half of a 6inch bowl on the fabric to measure the head hole
3. Cut around the bowl. When done put it on to see if the hole is the right size for you. if too small fold it again a cut a bit more.
4. When the you have the hole for your head the right size, put it on.
Hold both of your arms straight out to the sides.
5. With bright ended needles measure about 10inches below the arms. Repeat on backside
6. Take off the now marked fabric and lay it flat on a table of the ground. Take fabric scissors and cut wavy/rigid lines all the up to the pins.
TRY IT BACK ON.
7. Put on the triangle shaped fabric and hold your arms straight out.
If the fabric is touching your fingers. measure where your middle finger is and cut to slits on each side of the finger.
Take the left over fabric from cutting the head hole and cut a strip out of it. Weave the strip in the slits you made, tie it around your finger.
Repeat on the other side.
8. Put on the rectangular cape, then put the triangular piece on top.
This will create that draped and flowing look of those CREEPY Dementors.
9. Put on a black hoodie, or black cap and wear the two capes together. Pair with black pants and boots… and you are done!
For other Wizarding World of Harry Potter news, make sure to follow us at www.facebook.com/mousekemoms