Please understand that we HIGHLY recommend Disneyland for walking and strolling when it comes to mommies-to-be. But, we are NOT doctors and NONE of this should be taken as medical advise.
Of the listed attractions of Disneyland Park, these are the ones that are considered safe for pregnant women. It is up to the mom-to-be to decide if she can get in and out of the ride. For example, the Jungle Cruise requires some simple climbing in and out of the boat. Please use your mommy-brain-discretion; you are thinking for 2 now. Be safe, error on the side of caution.
Obvious things mom-to-be should know/do:
- wear supportive, comfortable shoes
- drink plenty of water
- don’t push yourself, take it at a comfortable speed
- be aware of what makes you queasy
- know that lines may be long, have a plan when it comes to standing
- don’t carry a backpack, instead rent a locker
- take plenty of time to sit and relax, enjoy the park
Disney does have a list of attractions that expectant mothers SHOULD NOT RIDE. But here is a list of ones that would be safe for mom and baby.
- Disneyland Railroad
- Horseless Carriage
- Horse Drawn Streetcars
- Jungle Cruise
- Tarzan’s Tree House
- Enchanted Tiki Room
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Haunted Mansion
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Mark Twain Riverboat
- Sailing Ship Columbia
- Pinocchio’s Daring Journey
- Snow White’s Scary Adventures
- King Arthur Carousel
- Casey Jr. Circus Train
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Alice in Wonderland
- Storybook Land Canal Boats
- It’s a Small World
- Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage
- Disneyland Monorail
- Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
And all the shows, parades, character meetings, theaters and walk through attractions are amazing and safe.
There is NO reason to NOT do Disneyland Resort while expecting. You can still have fun while being safe and comfortable.
Mousekemoms also published 3 informative articles on where to cool down during the HOT times. You may want to check them out as well:
- You Need To Cool Down at Disneyland (pt. 1)- Top 5 Shows to Help
- You Need To Cool Down at Disneyland (pt. 2)- The Top 3 Places to Get Wet
- You Need To Cool Down at Disneyland (pt. 3)- The Top 5 Cold Snack Places In EACH Park!