This is the flip side of ‘Doing Disney Pregnant’ because both parks are amazing to visit.
Please understand that we HIGHLY recommend California Adventure Park for walking and strolling when it comes to mommies-to-be. But, we are NOT doctors and NONE of this should be taken as medical advise. We are just moms. Cassie has 6 kids, I have 4. We’ve done theme parks pregnant. You can too!
Of the listed attractions of California Adventure Park, these are the ones that are considered safe for pregnant women. It is up to the mom-to-be to decide if she can get in and out of the ride. For example, Toy Story Midway Mania requires some simple climbing in and out of the car while it is moving, as does Ariel’s Undersea Adventure. Please use your mommy-brain-discretion; you are thinking for 2 now. Be safe, error on the side of caution.
Obvious things mom-to-be should know/do:
- wear supportive, comfortable shoes
- drink plenty of water
- don’t push yourself, take it at a comfortable speed
- be aware of what makes you queasy
- know that lines may be long, have a plan when it comes to standing
- don’t carry a backpack, instead rent a locker
- take plenty of time to sit and relax, enjoy the park
Disneyland Resort does have a list of attractions that expectant mothers SHOULD NOT RIDE. But here is a list of ones that would be safe for mom and baby.
California Adventure Park:
- Red Car Trolley
- Disney Junior- Live on Stage!
- Sunset Showcase Theater
- Monsters Inc. Mike and Sulley to the Rescue
- It’s Tough to be a Bug!
- Flik’s Flyers
- Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree
- Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters
- Heimlich’s Chew Chow Train
- King Triton’s Carousel
- Toy Story Midway Mania!
- Games of the the Boardwalk
- Mickey’s Fun Wheel
- Silly Symphony Swings
- Jumpin’ Jellyfish
- Golden Zephyr
- The Little Mermaid- Ariel’s Undersea Adventure
- World of Color
- Redwood Creek Challenge Trail
- Soarin’ Around the World
And all the shows, parades, character meetings, theaters and walk through attractions are amazing and safe.
There is NO reason to NOT do California Adventure Park while expecting. You can still have fun while being safe and comfortable.
Mousekemoms also published 3 informative articles on where to cool down during the HOT times. You may want to check them out as well:
- You Need To Cool Down at Disneyland (pt. 1)- Top 5 Shows to Help
- You Need To Cool Down at Disneyland (pt. 2)- The Top 3 Places to Get Wet
- You Need To Cool Down at Disneyland (pt. 3)- The Top 5 Cold Snack Places In EACH Park!
Make sure you sign up for our email newsletter to stay up to date on vacation deals and Disney happenings!