As you read in my previous article, Cheap Eats Inside Disneyland Park~ Filling Meals Under $10, I have been doing hours of research looking for nutritious filling meals under $10. I have come across quite a few reports that use what is termed as a snack for a meal. Now sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn’t. I have 4 growing teens with healthy appetites. Feeding them a snack just won’t work; unless I want to buy them 2 or maybe 3. Also, inside Disneyland, there is no venue that sells alcohol…unless you are Club 33-ing. Disney’s California Adventure has may places where you can get a glass of wine, a beer, or a cocktail. I’ve talked about my favorite spot before: The Cove!
The last time I reported, I talk about meals at Disneyland Park. This time I’m reporting for California Adventure. Once again, I am looking at lunch and dinner, not breakfast. The bold ones are the ones I’ve eaten at.
Here are my findings for filling meals under $10 inside Disney’s California Adventure:
- Alfresco Tasting Terrace– This mainly serves snack and wine. Considered a Lounge area. But they have Grilled Shrimp and Spanish Chroizo for $10
- Lucky Fortune Cookery– Good sized serving, big enough to share, but all of them start at $12. They are meat and seared veggies. Healthy and protein packed. Not a meal that will leave you hungry 2 hours later.
- Pacific Wharf Cafe– A great place to sit, relax and eat. Sit by the water and rest. Have a filling turkey, bacon, and Swiss cheese sandwich on sourdough.
- Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill– An amazing place to sit and watch people while eating yummy food. All platters (!) start at $12; but they can easily serve 2 people. EASILY! Cassie wrote about it in an article about feeding more than 2 child. Kid’s meals are $7 or under and are a good portion.
- Award Wieners– All hotdogs and chili dogs are under $10. In fact everything here is under $10. I’ve never eaten here, but I’ve had my mouth water from the amazing smells.
- Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta– You can get a generous helping of spaghetti and meatballs here for under $10. They also have single slices of pizza and a variety of salads for under $10 also.
- Corn Dog Castle– Everything is delicious and everything is under $10! This is my family’s go to place when we are waiting for World of Color to begin. A few of us hold a place to watch while the rest run for ORIGINAL AMAZING corn dogs!
Buena Vista Street
- Carthay Circle Lounge– The adult entrees are all over $10; but the kids’ meals are $8 and under.
- Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Café– A GREAT place to grab a cup of coffee…but they also have amazing sandwiches and salads under $10. High protein and packed with veggie too! Includes a Starbucks and Teavana inside!
- Smokejumpers Grill- Bugers and salad starting at $10 and going up.
- Cozy Cone Motel– It’s i-cone-ic! Just had to throw that in. Heehee. Two main things to eat. The rest are snacks and yummy drinks. 1) Chili Cone Queso (below) and 2) Chicken Verde. Very popular and both are under $9!
- Flo’s V8 Cafe– Adult entrees start at $11. But all kids’ meals are $7 and under. Healthy and high protein. Roast beef and turkey sandwiches. Fruit and vegetables.
There are other places to eat inside California Adventure. But these are the ones that offer filling meals $10 and under. And if you can make reservations, I highly recommend it. To have a place to sit down waiting for you is sometimes the exact rest your body needs to finish strong.
Obviously, there are more expensive places to eat and you get what you pay for in the Disneyland Resort. The food and the atmosphere and the service is always amazing. Eating inside California Adventure is magical! Soak it up!